[Gllug] Idle question

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Jul 11 14:26:20 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:57:14PM +0100, Ian Norton wrote:
> sadly these days, and partly due to the naming ideas of all the best geeks, it
> is sometimes impossible to google for help on some things,

As it happens, I'm quite good at specifying my queries in a way that
eliminates most of the crap, not that a google for "Multiboot-compliant
operating systems" is going to find many home-user webpages in the first
place.  Since several careful searches have failed to bring up anything
more than a few student and hobbyist projects and since the Grub project
web pages don't list any multiboot-compliant osen, I'm nearing the
conclusion that there aren't any serious osen that have bothered with
the standard.  I asked here because if I'm mistaken in that assumption
then there is a better-than-average chance that someone on this list may
know about it.

> O M-- V-- PS++ PE-- Y+ PGP+ t+++ 5++ X++ R+++ !tv b DI D----

I'm out of touch with developments in the Geek Code.  Does 't+++' mean
"Possibly the only mutt user in the world who top-posts"?

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk