[Gllug] Trivial (I hope) developer question

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Thu Jul 31 21:49:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:36:05PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I need to build the modutils for SH for the 2.6 series of kernels. Anybody
> tell me where the canonical source reporitory is?

Depends what you mean canonical:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/

Is the master source, read the docs and the post halloween doc:

http://lwn.net/Articles/39901/

You'll want to us generate-modprobe.conf but it will require tweaking
(modules that have changed names, etc).

A major distro should have packages in it's bleeding edge , you might
want to check out the combined modutils/module-init-tools patches from
the Red Hat SRPM, I think they are neat, and saves you having to patch
any mkinitrd scripts :)

No support for gzipped modules in module-init-tools, see recent lkml
threads.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk