[Gllug] Sony Digital Camera Hack

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 11:11:49 UTC 2003

I am hoping to use a Sony DSC-V1 to take pictures from an RC Model Plane.

The DSC-V1 has an optional remote control which puts the shutter release on
the end of a 1.2 Meter 3 core lead.

I would like to use an Atmel or PIC to generate the signal to take the
picture at the command of the model receiver.

I am sure that given enough time (AGES!)  I can clock the output from this
remote commander and maybe work out which signal will take the picture but I
am wondering if there is an easier way?  (Social Engineering)

So, If anyone here knows anyone who works for Sony and can get them to
release this protocol I think it would add a lot of value to the camera.

Simon
(It's a long shot but if you don't ask...)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk