[Gllug] Compiling Debian Woody (not)

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Jul 7 16:05:32 UTC 2003

Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Jonathan Dye mused:
>> Perhaps xjf would work better otherwise won't tar try and open an
>> archive called j?
>
> No; f and similar options look at the *next parameter* for their
> filename.

Blimey, it does.  I remember having problems with it doing just as I
suggested ages ago and since then I've always put the f last.  I guess I
must have done something else wrong and mistakenly thought it was order of
the options.  I'll remember that from now on, thanks.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk