[Gllug] Connecting to a Baystack303 with serial console

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Jul 19 17:40:02 UTC 2003

Hi all again...

Thanks for the pointers about finding this switch's IP - it doesn't respond to
nmap (I made sure I could get to it by changing the test-box's netmask to
/16) so it may not have an IP set (or may have been dormant long enough to
lose it.

So I figure I'd try to get in by console. But how? Presumably I use telnet -
but what 'host'? - the man page only seems to talk about connection via IP.
Is there another program I should be using?

I've got the manual for the switch so I know the console characteristics, but
that's as far as I can get at the moment.

Any suggestions welcome!

Dylan

--
Sweet moderation