[Gllug] Gateway.php

Peter Adamson mewv29 at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jul 6 18:51:05 UTC 2003

bech at inibi.net wrote:

>I followed your thread while ago regarding gateway.php - hope you still have
>the script and is able to forward it.
>
>Trying to write an mail 2 smsgateway using a cel phone just need your script.
>
>Regards Morten

I think I deleted it.
In the end I re-wrote the php script in python.

I'll have a look around & see If I didn't, but the jist is easy.

in /etc/aliases set up an alias like:

foobar : "/usr/local/bin/python  email_gateway.py"

any emails going to foobar will go to the stdin of the email_gateway.py
script.

So in the script you open a connection to stdin, read all the info &
then parse it.
(python 2.2.2 has some really usefull email modules, which will allow
you to do this v easily).

--Peter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk