[Gllug] AOL blocking mail from DSL lines (again)

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Jul 8 10:33:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 11:28, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On 8 Jul 2003, Mark Lowes wrote:
> > [1] Unless you do something stupid like spamming of course, then I come
> >     round with a lump hammer.
[...]
> So far several potential spammers have commented that they wont register
> with my ISPs because of it. :)

:)

We've not had a problem with spammers (apart from one customer who was
flying the grey line between legit and spam who strayed across the line
just too far one day), the biggest problem has always been customers
with insecure machines resulting in large amounts of junk out through
our servers.  Though we have part of that under control thanks to some
pre-emptive scanning of customers when they connect to the mail servers.
   Mark
    Hmmm... nice sigmonster... :)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
"We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk