[Gllug] Help with Red Hat 8.0 install on Win 98

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 22:57:21 UTC 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 18:29, itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 06:19:54PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> [The entire original e-mail with not a single snip just to add...]
>
> > My Dreamcast has no swap partition and runs linux perfectly well.
>
> Is there a competition running for the most aggravating and useless
> post?  There's a heatwave going on, nobody needs any additional winding
> up.

Hold on, it was a serious point. Most people here may well be running Linux
with swap partitions, but those of us hackiung about in the embedded or
near-embedded world know that is not a requirement, as was claimed.

The fact that I can point to a real world example of a Linux system without
swap makes the point.

I am sorry if you are having a stressful day, however.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk