[Gllug] Help with Red Hat 8.0 install on Win 98

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Jul 15 12:34:38 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Robert Boulter announce to the hordes:

> Hi Steve,
>   I have continued as you have suggested and mounted root on /dev/hda5.  An
> error is returned advising me to create a swap partition.  Luckily I have a
> third partition /dev/hda3 and have mounted swap here.  However it still
> comes back saying I should create a swap partition.  I have the option just
> to continue.  I may well do that. What do you think?

What do you mean you "mounted swap"?
Do you mean you created a partition, using ext3 filesystem, and set the
mountpoint as /swap?
That won't work, you set the filesystem type AS swap. Then the mount point
box gets greyed out and can't be used (because swap doesn't get mounted)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk