[Gllug] Binary module wanted for Intel PRO 1000 NIC

Simon Morris smorris at batesuk.com
Thu Jul 24 15:27:55 UTC 2003

<quote who="Ian Norton">
> why dont you just get 2.4.21 from kernel.org and compile that?
> im sure it will work, just make sure you have the initrd options set
> correctly
> and do a 'make bzlilo' after config and dep,
>
> Ian

Technically thats definitely the best solution. Only problem is that the
server is on a client site, and I'm trying to avoid a trip out if
possible.

The IT guy there is happy with copying the module from a CD or floppy into
the correct location but I think a kernel rebuild will require a visit
(and long round trip!!)

I may have to go that way though!

--
Simon Morris