[Gllug] Help on disk partitioning for Red Hat 8

Robert Boulter robboulter at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:13:23 UTC 2003

Hi,
  When I manually partition with disk druid, quite early on before any
actual install, I edit my d: drive, or /dev/hda5 as red hat calls it, to
have a mount point of / a file system of ext3.  It then returns an error
saying 'Warning: Boot partition / may not meet booting constraints for your
architecture. Creation of a boot disk is highly encouraged' and then offers
me the option of modifying the partition again.
Regards Rob.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk