[Gllug] moving apps between X displays.

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 20:43:09 UTC 2003

I have had great fun with X2X and X2vnc in the past,

they are quite useful, especially if you have several windows/nix boxes in one
room on one desk,

you can basically move your mouse and keyboard focus seamlessly accross from
one screen to another, to get it to work in debian you need to turn off the
nolisten option in the X server configs tho,

they are fun, but not the thing.

:)

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:43:31PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> > >Ssh has the facility to forward an X session to another
> > >system - and it's encrypted!
> >
> > But only on startup. What he was asking about was moving an already
> > running app from one display to another.
>
> I read about x2x on the Handhelds Wiki. http://www.handhelds.org/z/wiki/x2x
> "x2x joins a pair of X displays together, as if they were a single
> multiheaded display"
> any use?
>

> --

----- Message of the Hour ------