[Gllug] Evolution upgrade breaks IMAP

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Thu Jul 3 14:45:33 UTC 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Richard Jones wrote:

> Try doing a 'tcpdump' on the wire between evolution and the IMAP
> server. It should be fairly clear why it's hanging - eg. DNS request?
> authentication?

Well it's a little hard to see exactly what's going on as all the traffic
is encrypted (imaps). It's not too practical to use normal imap as it's
running over the internet.

What I can see is that there's a fairly constant stream of traffic, mostly
coming from the imapd. It looks as though the new imap implementation is
requesting a _lot_ more information that the old version. It doesn't seem
to be hanging anywhere.

As mentioned previously, pine/imap seems to be working fine for me now so
I'm likely to stick with it and try the next version of evolution when it
appears.

Simon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk