[Gllug] BIND

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 10:25:26 UTC 2003

A few weeks or so ago I upgrade to BIND 8.4.0 to solve a problem where our
older 8.2.2 BIND would not resolve a particular domain name (it kepr timing-
out).

The problem was solved, but I discovered this morning that over the weekend
that named had died and core-dumped.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I note that 8.4.0 has been superseded by 8.4.2 but I could not find offhand
a ref to a specific core-dump bug in 8.4.0 that had been fixed.

I have also downloaded the latest 9.2.2 BIND and am compiling that.

Bearing in mind that my kernel is quite old (2.2.19), is 9.2.2 BIND a good
choice, or should I try the 8.4.2 ??

Tim

The E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk