[Gllug] OT(?): mbox analyser

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Jul 4 10:58:39 UTC 2003

On Fri 04 Jul, Jack Bertram bloviated thus:

> I could hack something up in Perl, but does anyone know of a program
> which will do this kind of analysis on mboxes?

Jamie Zawinski has something like that...

folderstat     This is a script that prints out some statistics about
the messages in an mbox folder, e.g., to show who the most prolific
posters to a mailing list are. It prints out a table of stats sorted
several different ways.

http://www.jwz.org/hacks/folderstat.pl

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

No, Democracy is not identical with majority rule. Democracy
is a State which recognizes the subjection of the minority
to the majority, that is, an organization for the systematic
use of force by one class against the other, by one part of
the population against another.

- Lenin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk