[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Tue Jul 29 10:47:12 UTC 2003

David Damerell wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 Jul 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>> List admin: perhaps it would be simpler to not add the GLLUG footer
>> to signed messages?  Sadly some people have to use brain damaged mail
>> clients.
>
> Of course this is not the case. People using their own facilities can
> use a proper mail client. People abusing their employer's facilities
> shouldn't. People whose employers require them to read GLLUG (if they
> exist) should inform their employer that they need the right tools to
> do the job.

What about those employers who allow you to read mail groups but only using
the tools they provide?  Therefore reading the groups would not be abuse but
would also require you to use Outlook (or I guess you could use hotmail or
similar).

> If we make the list hard to read with Outlook and/or OE, we'll see
> fewer ugly posts from Outlook and/or OE. I'm not really seeing the
> downside here.

The potential to loose people from the list who make valuable input?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk