[Gllug] Persauding the Mrs. To move to Linux..

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:28:27 UTC 2003

Okay, I'm out of ideas.  I've just recently installed SuSE Linux
Professional 8.2 on our home machine to completely replace Windows XP.  I
chose SuSE since  (a) thanks to the nice people at SuSE I've got a freebie
copy to play with for a while due to their generous LUG offer and (b) it's
touted as being the one of the most user friendly distributions alongside
Mandrake.  Me, I'm used to Red Hat for the most part, but I wanted something
that would enable both my wife and I to get something out of it without too
much of a learning curve for the wife.

Anyway, I set-up myself and the wife with a login account.  After several
hours of play, the wife moans about hating Linux and that the fonts are all
too small within Mozilla and she can't do the same sort of things under
Linux that she could with Windows.  She then has a go at me for tinkering
with the computer.

We've now gone back to Windows - anything for the quiet life! :)  The
question remains - how do I persuade her to stick with it?! :)   I would
have tinkered with the default font settings to enable her to see things a
bit better, but she was a bit too impatient.  And no - I'm not getting
another wife! :)

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk