[Gllug] EU patents

Will Napier will at thinkingsuccess.com
Tue Jul 1 00:18:18 UTC 2003

Hi I am new (one week) to linux, programming and Open Source /Free
Software. I know very little about the technicalities but am working on
it. However coming from completely outside the IT world, I immediately
see vital issues of personal liberty at stake in this area. As far as
I'm concerned, whether the EU pass this or not is irrelevant to whether
or not one should fight for important human freedoms. And I would like
to agree with Daniel that we should 'rock'. Even if it does go through,
the momentum of fs/os gives hope for a longer term future.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk