[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 21:18:44 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 16:53, David Damerell wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 Jul 2003, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> >David Damerell wrote:
> >>Then the employer is not providing a suitable tool for posting to the
> >>lists, so you're no further forward.
> >
> >They are providing a tool, the fact that it is not suitable is your
> >opinion
>
> Of course it's my opinion, but it's also correct. Don't try and weasel
> out of that; you know that these tools typically produce mangled
> articles just as well as I do.

Being interested in technical things I originally posted a comment that
stated, simply for the record, that as I use Outlook at work, some emails
were now odd/difficult to read.

I assumed that others on the list would be interested in this from a technical
point of view and indeed a technical explanation was then forthcoming.

Fair enough.

In response I was told by one user that I was abusing my employer's facilities
(the road to the libel courts are littered with such throw away remarks) and
that in any case, I was no worthy of being on the list and also, when I made
a one line (admittedly pretty lame) attempt at humour, ended with a smiley
too, that I was blustering.

Dear oh dear.

When I was at university I gave up on computer science partly because the
class was full of bores who went on in that way.

Well, I'm still going to keep on posting, occasionally, in Outlook when at
work. I would prefer not too but yes, it is *far* too hassle to do otherwise.
Life is just too short I am afraid. If you haven't worked that out yet, then
I think you need to get out more.

I am sorry if a few people find multipart emails difficult to handle, though.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk