[Gllug] BIND

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 12:30:46 UTC 2003

Hi

Thanks for the replies concerning BIND 8.4.. versus BIND 9.2...

I have now upgraded to BIND 9.2.2 nad hope this will be stable.

I noted that the standard 'make' places the binaries in /usr/local/sbin
- so I have copied them over to /usr/sbin where I believe the init script will
want them to be (since that's where the old named was).

I also noted that the install places some '.a' libraries in /usr/local/lib
plus a whole raft of files in /usr/local/include.

I am not at all sure what these are for; whether they should be moved into the
usual /usr/include and /usr/lib directories or left where they are !

I think possibly they library files are purely for use with the new 'light-
weight' resolver and so may not be need by me at present.  AS for the include
files - ????

Any info that would enlighten me would be helpful

Tim

PS I have read the README and FAQ files already !

The E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk