[Gllug] Wireless installation

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 09:50:15 UTC 2003

Ian Norton wrote:

>it is probably going to be easy ti 0wn his network,
>
>i expect he (like many windows 'admins') use thier desktop as administrator,
>
>when he's not looking,
>just wonder over, add yourself a new user into the admin group,
>
>then if he has terminal services running (i expect so, they all like it) you
>can finish the job,
>
>he might not even have any encryption running, also you dont need to know the
>essid, you can scan for that, or set it in your card to 'any',
>i expect he uses dhcp, or even 'windows connection shit

aring'

>dont be suprised if he thinks linux needs different kinds of ethernet cable :-)

Funny you should mention that, he told her at first that it would not be
possible for her to use the Internet, even with a cable.  GF thinking
that honesty is the best policy told him (yes, this computer science
graduate) that she had been happily using the Internet while he was in
Cuba for two weeks and she set it up herself.

I cannot describe the response, only that it was close to throwing ten
cats into a rats nest. :-)

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk