[Gllug] [OTish] SureStore DAT24

Taylor James James.Taylor at lbhf.gov.uk
Wed Jul 2 13:53:40 UTC 2003

Tethys wrote:
> Taylor James writes:
>
>> Is this the bargain I think it is?
>
> If it works, yes.

Yeah, good thing I'm a gambling man :-)

>> Can anyone recommend a cheap (and I mean *cheap*) SCSI card that
>> would be suitable for getting this thing up and running? I admit
>> that I know absolutely nothing about SCSI hardware.
>
> You should be able to pick an old Advansys card for peanuts these
> days. They have excellent Linux support, and I highly recommend them.
> Or you could always go the Adaptec route, but expect to pay a premium
> for the name. There's usually a reasonable selection on ebay.

Great, so any old SCSI card will do? I've noticed there seems to be a
massive price range when it comes to SCSI cards. I'm guessing I only need a
bottom of the range job. Will I be able to get one down TCR? I hate waiting
for Ebay.

> Tet

Ta,

--
james

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk