[Gllug] What the government is doing it IT .

Ian Scott mriscott at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 06:59:49 UTC 2003

> Cool. I think its probably ok to make an acception of games, since its
> reasonable
> to asssume the consumer would want to only use one program to access a
> saved game file.
> (Just so long as the definition of "game" doesn't extend to certain
> word
> processors ;)

Isn't the distinction here really between user-created 'files' and 'state data'?
I would think that things like settings on a word processor
(what flavour paperclip do you want, how obtrusive do you want spellchecking
to be) could be in a non-documented format, but the product (i.e. the
WP document) should be openly documented.

Just my 2p

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk