[Gllug] Re: New list Member

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Jul 8 00:26:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 07:19:02PM +0000, andy monger wrote:
> andy monger wrote:
>
> Interesting concept if it is true, however it would be a bit like GCHQ saying
> "Do as we say, not as we do" or "Not preaching what they practice".
>
> On another note has anyone done COMPTIA's Linux+ or LPI?
> The reason I ask is I'm starting my resettlement (from the army) this year and
> will have some funds to spend on courses etc.  Anyone give me any advice on
> what sort of experience level is needed for these, I've had a good offer to
> do both (and the exams) at Training Camp in Tadley, Hants however this is 3
> days for Linux+ and 4 days for LPI 101 and not too sure if this will suite
> me. The broucher says applicants must have knowledge of Linux/Unix, but
> doesn't say to what extent.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated

Go to http://rute.sf.net it is an online Linux sysadmins course and
links to both the LPI and Red Hat's RHCE telling you what chapter
relates to what part of each course, should help you to work out what
you know and what you need to know to pass your courses.  I am sure that
other people will be able to advise on other online stuff that can help.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk