[Gllug] mencoder and windows media / winamp

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 13:01:39 UTC 2003

Hi

I'm trying to produce some video to ship on a CD to people. Bitrate is
not a problem - it's about 6 minutes, and it's going on a CD on its
own. So I'd like to produce a video at decent quality.

Problem: I can't find a set of options for mencoder (or kino which uses
mjpegtools) that will produce something that will actually play on
Windows Media or Winamp. VideoCD works, but I was hoping for higher
quality. Any ideas?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk