[Gllug] www.spews.org - spamming blacklist

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 09:44:18 UTC 2003

Hi

I have just discovered that our mail gateway 195.42.43.42 is listed in the
spews.org blacklist.

I have gone to www.spews.org and looked at the 'evidence', of which frankly I
cannot make any sense.

We are running qmail, which as far as I am aware is configured correctly to
prevent mail relaying (rcpthosts contains basically only seacon.co.uk and
certain subdomains thereof). A check locally of smtp results in the smtp server
rejecting requests for mail delivery to domains other than seacon.co.uk.

So, I am at a loss as why we are included in the backlist.

Either the inclusion is erroneous or mail is being relayed by some mechanism
of which I am unaware.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed to resolve this probolem wouldbe gratefully
received

Tim Clarke

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk