[Gllug] Gnus and followups

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 17:18:28 UTC 2003

Bruce Richardson <itsbruce at uklinux.net> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 03:32:47PM +0100, Rich wrote:
> >
> > Just in case anyone else doesn't know this:
> >
> > <blush>
> > Using Reply-To in Gnus, and then trimming all the references away
> > *doesn't* create a new posting - Gnus is clever enough to remember
> > what's going on.
> > </blush>
>
> I prefer software that does exactly what I tell it to software that
> tries to help me out because it "knows better".

Well, I'm used to Emacs getting things right - so having it get things
right while I was trying to get it to do something else is ... to be
expected. Sigh. Just one of those things, I guess.

cheers, Rich.

> --
> Bruce
>
> A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
> feeling as miserable as you.

Randomly-appropriate, as usual

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk