[Gllug] color in xterm emacs

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Jun 29 11:32:50 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 12:18:09PM +0100, Richard Turner wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 21:55, Sean Burlington wrote:
> >     I'm trying to get emacs to use color (eg syntax highlighting) - when
> > running in an xterm ...
>
> At the risk of being flamed and/or inciting an argument about text
> editors:
>
> I've always liked using nedit because it's nice and small but the syntax
> highlighting is excellent.  I know it's not an xterm editor, but if
> you're already running X...

Last time I looked, nedit didn't detect changes in the underlying file
correctly. So if you had a file open, and did a "cvs update", then
edited the file, it would *revert* the CVS changes. I spent a lot of
time cracking people over the fingers about this in my last job.

Rich.

... Eventually most of them changed over the (x)emacs.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk