[Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Fri Jun 13 08:52:51 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen Wayne" <Wayne.Allen at rhul.ac.uk>
To: <gllug at linux.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: RE: [Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS

> As I currently work in a school part time with around 40 RM based machines
> the fact that RM do 'everything' is a bonus for a school. It breaks,
(either
> software or hardware) they call RM and out they come. I'd love to run
Linux
> on the server, but until school budgets cover the manpower required not
just
> for install, maintainance but also user training etc etc it just aint
going
> to happen.

Not being sarcastic, but there are Linux support companies out there too!

By the way, I saw Malcom MacSween from ECM on the telly the other night.
On a program about relocating out of the South East.
Don't know if anybody knows, but Malcolm set up a support sentre on Lewis,
and splits his time between there and London.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk