OT: Eminem (was Re: [Gllug] xsession errors?)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 15:01:14 UTC 2003

> On Tue 24 Jun Doug Winter wrote:
>> On Tue 24 Jun Xander Harkness wrote:
>> > I went to see Eminem yesterday in Milton Keynes and he was annoyed
>> while reading his reviews.  Instead of reviewing the concert, his
>> performance or the music.  The reviewer was complaining about him
>> spending half a million pounds on a piece of jewelry.  Had it been a
>> boat or a house, or I guess something that the reviewer could relate
>> to nothing would have been said.  Anyway, Eminem said that they were
>> wrong and it was in fact only worth US$450,000.  He then bent down
>> and gave it to a girl in the audience, stating that the reviewers do
>> not understand him and know shit.
>>
>> His PR is obviously very effective -  it even manages to get him
>> mentioned favorably on a linux mailing list.  Well worth $450,000 :)
>
> I felt a bit bad after sending this for being so cynical.  Then I saw
> this:
LOL, yeah well a load of cynicism is not such bad thing :-)  I am

The necklace is probably worth a lot more now!

I did have a good time and the music was pretty good.

In addition, I sent another couple of mails which did not turn up saying
that the error was due to someone pulling a USB mouse out of the server.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk