[Gllug] New twist in SCO saga

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Sun Jun 15 21:32:33 UTC 2003

Christopher Hunter wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's true!  This was verified privately to me just a few days
> ago by an SCO employee who's an old friend.  Rumour has it (inside SCO) that
> the company is "not telling the full story on the Balance Sheet", and is in
> financial difficulty.
>
> Chris

I thought it was pretty well known that SCO were in financial trouble.
The court case (imho) might appear to be a last ditch survival bid.
However, who effectively owns SCO now ?  Yes, Micro$oft !  and they will
go on propping it up so long as they consider that the money spent is
doing damage to IBM the the Linux 'community'.

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk