[Gllug] Re: www.spews.org - spamming blacklist

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Jun 2 12:58:31 UTC 2003

t.clarke writes:
 > I have just discovered that our mail gateway 195.42.43.42 is listed in the
 > spews.org blacklist.

That's probably because somebody else at your provide is spamming, and
isn't being shut down.  The action desired by spews is to tell your
provider "SHUT THAT SPAMMER DOWN", or switch to a different provider.
Basically, there's no way to get removed from spews short of the
spammer being shut down.  If you simply cannot switch to a different
ISP, and they simply refuse to shut down the spammer, then you should
contact anyone who is refusing your email and ask them to whitelist
you, or stop using spews entirely.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Rebecca's incredibly neat
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | County Fair quilt is now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk