[Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS

Allen Wayne Wayne.Allen at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 08:24:21 UTC 2003

As I currently work in a school part time with around 40 RM based machines
the fact that RM do 'everything' is a bonus for a school. It breaks, (either
software or hardware) they call RM and out they come. I'd love to run Linux
on the server, but until school budgets cover the manpower required not just
for install, maintainance but also user training etc etc it just aint going
to happen. Use voulenteers I hear you say... Well that's all well and good
but not all schools are going to be able to call in a voulenteer at 9am on a
Monday morning when 'the printer is broke'. (and then it turns out to be
there is no paper in the printer!)

Wayne