[Gllug] Re:SCO's Linux fight

Adrian McMenamin Adrian.McMenamin at britainineurope.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 11:41:55 UTC 2003

BSD
>> > projects, some may feel that bits of old nt are kind of like bits of
unices but

>> I won't claim that you are wrong - I didn't know this.
>>
>> But Windows NT was developed by Dave Cutler, who was hired from DEC.
>> Add one letter to VMS and you get ..... WNT!

>yep, my brain says that i was confused before, must have some list inodes
in
>here somewhere

>bredroll

At the time DEC (or Digital as they had become by then) were very much
onside as MS made a big deal out of the fact NT supported Alpha. So they
paraded Dave Cutler about.

If memory serves I think the first NT prototype wasn't even on a ia32 but on
some chip which would have been more familiar in a VAX.

Adrian