[Gllug] IPCop and port forwarding

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 07:45:23 UTC 2003

Murray wrote:

>ipcop$ tail -f /var/log/messages
>external$ telnet 213.253.36.55 25
>
>if it's not showing up in there, it probably isn't the ipcop box that's
>blocking it. do you have an adsl modem or anything doing nat inbetween?
>
>if it is, it'll show you the source/dest ip & ports, as well as whether it's
>blocking on INPUT or OUTPUT.
>
>ipcop 1.2 is ipchains
>ipcop 1.3 is iptables

I have martians :-)

It looks like the packets are being dumped somewhere as SuSE is
complaining about illegal packets.

It works fine going to another box's ssh port and I can access port 25
of the mail server from elsewhere on the network.

I am sure it is a switch router trying to be clever! :-)

Thanks
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk