[Gllug] Best format, for everyone, for saving documents.

Xander Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 18:16:06 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 18:32, Colin Murphy wrote:
[snip]

> Is there any reason why we couldn't all just start using RTF?
What amazes me is the difficulty FLOSS software has reading each other's
format.

Kword has only just started opening Open Office files
Abiword cannot open Open Office or Kword and cannot export to Open
Office or Kword and rtf loses far too much layout information.

All the source is out there and I guess their formats documented, I
would have considered it to be the first thing to be done.  I would also
have hoped that Abiword, Kword and Open Office could have formed a
committee to agree to adhere to a common format.

In addition I do not think that any import .tex  files.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk