[Gllug] open source document sharing portal

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jun 19 15:02:01 UTC 2003

On Thu 19 Jun, Thomas Charles Robinson bloviated thus:

> Does anyone know of an open source solution to document sharing?
>
> Something so that users can:
>  - Find, share, and publish information easily
>  - Interface through a Web portal

I did extensive research in this area over a year ago.  The best I
could find was:

http://sdms.cafuego.net/

Now I would investigate Wiki, but our needs are possibly different to
yours.

> Effectively this is so we don't have to implement MikeySoft SharePoint.

I was able to discount Sharepoint based on cost, fortunately. 8)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Given the choice between two evils, I pick the one I haven't
tried before.

- Mae West

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk