[Gllug] spews blacklist

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 10:36:45 UTC 2003

Ahmad Masood Shah <jahil at 66-uetclub.com> wrote:
>Most the time they block complete network like /24 :)
>I think one of your client running open relay mail and they have blocked
>your /24 IPs.
>If your mail server IP is for exmp 202.145.128.23
>then check 202.145.128.24 also and more they will also shown over there. now
>it's difficutl to trace which one is bad. :)

I have now checked 195.92.42.43 and 195.92.0.0 and they both show as listed
with exactly the same 'evidence' file.

I have spoken with Energis (who supply the 195.92..... network) and they are
aware of the problem and trying to resolve it with spews.org without a great
deal of success.

It would seem that the spews blacklist is of very litle value if they are going
to arbitrarily block whole networks like this !!!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk