[Gllug] Sony AIT Tape

Xander Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 13:50:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:53, John Hearns wrote:

> [...]
What I do not like about amanda is that as soon as you start growing
they begin messing you about for prices, "how many processors, what
clients, what os. etc. etc."  When I am trying to put together a price
for a client, 24 or 48 hours to get back with a price is not good
enough.  They also suggested I become a reseller, which is a crazy idea
just to install some back up software a few times.

I have also used it with a number of clients and every time they have
chosen AMANDA.  AMANDA emails them twice a day, once to tell them what
was backed up and a check to see if all is okay before they go home and
to prompt them to change the tape they forgot that morning.

I wrote a 5 step Amanda howto for a non user.  I think that someone on
list was going to do one too.

http://openapps.harkness.co.uk/Documentation/network_setup/backup.html

Kind regards
Xander