[Gllug] Email Folders

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jun 10 18:44:06 UTC 2003

On Tue 10 Jun Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> FWIW, I run sendmail/cyrus based mail systems. Spam filtering is done by
> passing all mail through spamassassin via sendmail's libmilter
> interface, and message filtering is done on the server with Cyrus' built
> in sieve scripting language. People will have religions wars about MTA's
> for ever, but among most people running serious IMAP systems, Cyrus is
> the preferred option, as it offers several features found nowhere else.
> For a personal system however, it may be overkill.

For a small system, uw-imapd is probably the simplest, although you may
need to muck about with some of the defines in the source to make it fit
your precise needs, because it doesn't use a config file of any kind.

<plug>
If you are accessing your mail remotely, you may find exact:

http://www.britishsteal.com/dist/exact/

(or something similar) useful.
</plug>

Cheers,

Doug.

--
As soon as questions of will or decision or reason or choice of action
arise, human science is at a loss. -- Noam Chomsky