Paypal (was Re: [Gllug] OT : Credit cards in a MySQL Database)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Jun 17 12:08:56 UTC 2003

Alistair Mann writes:

>Last I heard, paypal was being castigated for losing people's money, taking
>months to sort out problems, and so forth. Have things changed? Thus far I've
>avoided using it either as buyer or seller; is it mature enough now to do
>reconsider? Does anyone else here use it, and care to comment on their
>experience?

Yep, I use it for ebay payments. So far, I haven't had any problems.
however, I am aware of the various customer complaints, and hence
wouldn't use it for any sizeable amounts of money, and I probably
wouldn't recommend it for anything but the smallest ecommerce sites.
But for the amounts of money I'm dealing with, the convenience
outweighs the risks.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk