[Gllug] Red hat 8 subscription

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Tue Jun 3 20:59:09 UTC 2003

At 21:00 03/06/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello all
>         I downloaded the redhat 8 iso and installed them, which gave me
> an instant
>30 days subscription to the RHN. Now this is over i sthere any way I can
>update without have to pay a further subscription to red hat??

Yes, as a home user, I seem to recall you can have one free subscription to
RHN.  You can also use apt-rpm in conjunction with freshrpms.net to keep
your system patched, if not up to date.

If you'd like a lifetime supply of free production grade updates provided
by the world's most advanced package management system backed with a
rigorous QA system see http://www.debian.org/

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/