[Gllug] Hardware

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jun 17 15:37:29 UTC 2003

On Tue 17 Jun, Tethys bloviated thus:

> Anyone but Scan. I personally use http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk

I've actually found them to be okay, provided you don't use their
online returns system.  Pick up the phone, wade through the thick
Northern accent at the other end of the line, get an RMA, post your
return registered post.  When the Royal Mail tells you it's arrived,
call again and ask what's happening.

This may sound like a lot of hassle but the other supplier I've dealt
with for returns, Dabs, was FAR FAR worse!  And their prices are much
higher than Scan.

RL Supplies seem good, but have a pretty limited range.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

HTML's a cheap whore. Treating her with respect is possible,
and even preferable, because once upon a time she was a
beautiful and virginal format, but you shouldn't expect too
much of her at this point."

- Mark "Kamikaze" Hughes

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk