[Gllug] bootable cd testing

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Jun 3 13:33:46 UTC 2003

Hey,
  Aparently, the hdparm was a good try on my part, but didn't fit the bill,
sorry about that.  I hope the badblocks command is helpful and what I meant
by RTFMp was to "Read That Fine Manpage" for instructions on how to use the
badblocks program.  I don't know of any specific stress testing software for
hard drives that runs under linux but you might try these:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/diff_memtest/?topic_id=136
  More memory than HD

http://freshmeat.net/projects/lucifer/?topic_id=861
  A program for burn in testing of systems

http://freshmeat.net/projects/bonnie/?topic_id=138%2C142
  Performance testing

Those are my quick hits.  Let us know what you find and end up using.

Andy Farnsworth
Mobile   : +44 (0) 7736 952 749
@Timeless: +44 (0)  208 818 2929
E-Mail   : farnsaw at stonedoor.com