[Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 10:27:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:57:55AM +0100, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> >Who is RM?
> >
> Research Machines
>
> http://www.rm.com/
>
> On the FUD question, what arguments were used as FUD?

I don't know ... I had a long chat with the school IT lady, who isn't blessed with
a huge amount of knowledge. I asked her to check with RM that the client connect
s/ware needed to be bought or if it was available under the school licence, etc.

The next thing was a letter talking about how they knew RM, how the local authority
new how to support RM, ... I have asked what was said from RM.

All that I had been proposing was an (almost) standalone machine to drive a projector
for powerpoint presentations, etc. It was conservative (ie use as much as possible
that they were familiar with) it would have run windows XP, etc. The point was to
get them used to buying on the open market.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk