[Gllug] Re:SCO's Linux fight

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Jun 3 16:58:32 UTC 2003

Adrian McMenamin writes:

>As someone who works, albeit in fits and starts, on such a port (SH4) I am
>not aware it has ever been otherwise! Maybe there were halcyon days before
>2001, though.

Yeah, at one point, alpha at least was kept pretty well up to date in
the mainstream kernel. But since Linus went to Transmeta, he stopped
using his Alpha, and the non-x86 ports definitely became second class
citizens again. DaveM ensures that sparc64 stays reasonably current,
and IBM are keeping s390 in sync pretty well, but it was definitely
better in the past. Ho hum. Such is progress...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk