[Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS

Anthony Chapman anth at earthling.net
Sat Jun 14 14:11:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 21:26, Ted Bell wrote:
> The Central line did my head in. I did try cycling but got knocked off by a
> van driver with cokebottle glasses. No periferal vision but able to pass the
> basic 21m eye test in the uk.
My sight is pretty bad, I've had one eye lasered but my other still has
a prescription of -7. When I lived on the other side of the planet I had
a licence for a few different types of vehicle, but had to wear a
contact in my bad eye. Around here I can pass the test for a car even
without a correcting lens, which is a bit worrying.

The thing that I really don't get is that the sight test for driving
trucks here has two parts, one allows correcting lenses (if used for the
test they would be required to drive, of course), and the other (which I
would fail) doesn't. I can't figure out the purpose of the second test.

--
load "vmlinux.el",8,1

-Anth

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk