[Gllug] Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned last night

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Jun 13 08:47:25 UTC 2003

I was "testing" my TV card last night, and "Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned"
happened to be on at the time.  Some guy in the audience mentioned the bill
going through that will allow the MI-5 to track internet usage and read
emails.  Another audience member mentioned tracking phone calls for key
words, and someone else said that if you encrypt your email, you can be
jailed for not revealing the decryption key.  Naturally, B and S just saw it
as an easy segue into talking about pr0n.  But quite fascinating that these
sorts of issues are permeating into mainstream society, and people do
actually understand and care about them, even though they may feel powerless
to prevent them.

Pete

--
pdr    - Pete Ryland              - http://pdr.cx/info/about/
xmldb  - FAST 3-tier app server   - http://pdr.cx/projects/xmldb/

  'The glib supposition of utilizing atomic energy when our coal
     has run out is a completely unscientific Utopian dream, a
         childish bug-a-boo.'  - Robert A. Millikan, 1928

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk