[Gllug] Sourceforge CVS

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Jun 17 15:15:32 UTC 2003

Ashley Evans <k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> Before I email sf I'd like to check if anybody know a way around this:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dvbtools login
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/dvbtools
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server cvs.sourceforge.net: EOF
>
> I need to get the latest dvbstream and am at hair pulling stage

I get this sometimes with anon. checkout. AFAICR there are some notes on
the sourceforge CVS to the effect that anon. checkout may be bumped in
favour of registered users when the system is busy. Try again in 30
seconds; if that doesn't work, keep trying....

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk