[Gllug] Debian and Gnome 2.2

Simon Morris smorris at batesuk.com
Wed Jun 18 14:43:26 UTC 2003

Hi GLLUGers

My laptop is running Debian Woody which was running quite happily with
Gnome 1.4

I've recently upgraded to 'testing' and installed the backports of Gnome
2.2 from evilgeniuses.org.uk, which all went well. However I have a
problem with the display of X.

Editing the XF86Config-4 file I can get the display up in 2 modes

1.) A display that fills most of the screen. There is a black strip along
the bottom and right side of the screen where the display doesn't quite
fit.

However this mode won't use the correct colour depth and Gnome looks very
ugly

2.) A display centered in the middle of the screen with a thick black
border where the display is way too small. Correct colour depth and Gnome
looks great (but small!)

It seems I haven't got the config quite right!

I've posted the config file and log rather than attach them to this mail

http://www.simonmorris.uklinux.net/XF86Config-4
http://www.simonmorris.uklinux.net/XFree86.0.log

The laptop is a Dell Latitude CPi A366XT

Any help much appreciated.

--
Simon Morris <smorris at batesuk.com>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk